This is a master post of Resources available to people in times of crisis.
Please feel free to comment and add anymore you feel should be here.
Always remember, you’re not alone. It can get better.
- Samaritans: 116 123 – (for anything you’re struggling with, not just suicide)
- Domestic Violence Helpline 24hr: 0808 2000 247 – (Please ensure you are safe to make this call)
- Emergency helpline: 999 – (this one may seem obvious, but if you are in real crisis, please use it)
- Premier Lifeline: 0300 111 0101 – (For help from a Christian Perspective)
- Hopeline UK: 0800 068 4141 – (Suicide Prevention)
- Calm: 0800 585858 – (Aimed at men aged 15-35 with depression/suicide problems)
- Papyrus/Hopeline UK text service: 07786 209697 (For children and young people up to 35)
- IMALIVE.org -A Volunteer-ran service for Suicide and Crisis assistance
- Blahtherapy.com – Free to talk to strangers if you need to offload. (Low fee for therapy – choose one of the other free resources I’ve linked for free therapists!)
- Veteranscrisisline.net – For Veterans who are struggling (US)
RAPE/SEXUAL VIOLENCE SUPPORT
- SupportLine: 01708 765200, or email email@example.com– providers of details for support centres and what to do next.
- Victim Support: 0808 168 9111 – volunteers are trained to give emotional support and can accompany Victims to court and police stations. www.victimsupport.org.uk
Helpline for women 0808 800 5008
Helpline for Men 0808 800 5005
Young Peoples Helpline 0808 800 5007
- Rape Crisis
0808 802 9999
See website for list of rape crisis centres.